Sunday, June 29, 2008

(Gas)tronomy


Its one thing to cook by yourself (I shudder to think what would happen in my case) and its another to watch your wife cook for you. Last week, I managed to click a snap while my better half whipped up the family's (atleast my dad's) answer to the 'quicky' before catching the next movie in town and South India's pride on the menu - Dosa! She prepared some crispy brown masala dosa's (the ones with cooked potato stuffed and rolled into them). As one's olfactory system gets a high as the drops of desi-ghee simmers into oblivion on the smeared batter, its satisfaction guaranteed for the cook when the perfectly shaped crisply fried rolled dosa's are carefully placed into the hot-pot.

Its pure love (that of my wife's rolled into each dosa, as well as that of a south-India foodie for his well made fav dig) that went in that morning...

No comments: